Peak Fitness was recently featured on News 12’s segment “Long Island Naturally: Workout Routines” where our staff provided some great tips on the best workout routines and answered questions such as “When is the best time of day to work out?”.
Time: 33 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 8 min
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate, and set 4 inches from the heat.
- To make the salsa, place the nectarines, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the pork chops with oil, and season both sides evenly with the cumin mixture.
- Place pork loin chops on the preheated grill. Cook until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side. Place pork chops on serving plates, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa.
Per Serving: 419 calories
18.3 g fat; 10.8 g carbohydrates; 51.2 g protein; 130 mg cholesterol; 92 mg sodium
Original recipe comes from AllRecipes.com & can be found here!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 22
Total Time: 32 minutes
Yield: about 20
The texture you expect from a traditional meatball, but with added nutrition of veggies, your whole family will love these.
- 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Coat with nonstick spray. Place the carrots, parsley, and onion into a food processor. Grind well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and grind to combine into a smooth mixture. Portion into 2-tablespoon size meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with warm marinara sauce and pasta as desired.
Original recipe can be found here!
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with toppings as desired.
1 fajita: 369 calories
15g fat, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein
The full recipe can be found here!
PREP TIME:15 mins
TOTAL TIME:15 mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced (from 1 lb raw)
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup diced mango, from 1 1/2 mangos
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 6 cups baby red butter lettuce
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Toss avocado, mango, chicken and red onion together.
- Fill a large salad platter with baby greens or divide on 4 small dishes.
- Top with chicken/avocado mixture and drizzle half the dressing on top.
- Serve with remaining dressing if desired.
Serving: 1 salad, Calories: 258kcal
Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 14.5g,
Sodium: 62mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g
This recipe is originally from SkinnyTaste.com! Find this and other great recipes here!