- 1 medium head cauliflower, stem removed
- OR 1 package fresh or frozen pre-riced cauliflower
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten (1 egg white, optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Optional add-in for more protein: 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- Hot sauce, for serving, optional
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until course in texture, like rice. This recipe uses about 4 cups of cauliflower rice. If you have any leftover, save it for another use.
1a. If you’re using pre-riced cauliflower move to step 2.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the canola oil. Add the eggs and quickly scramble. Transfer the eggs to a plate and set aside. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons canola oil. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add the peas and carrots, scallions and cauliflower. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- As the vegetables are cooking, whisk the soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl. Stir the sauce and chicken into the cauliflower mixture. Cook an additional minute or 2. Stir the cooked eggs back into the mixture. Serve with hot sauce and additional soy sauce if desired.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
Amount per Serving:
- Calories: 108
- Total Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 868mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
Recipe adapted from The Food Network. Original recipe can be found here!