YIELD: 6-8 servings
TOTAL TIME: 25 min
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup uncooked farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely-diced
- 2/3 cup finely-diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely-diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- half of a small red onion, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Stir together stock and farro in a medium saucepan, and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Remove from heat, and drain off any extra stock once the farro is cooked. Let farro cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer farro to a large mixing bowl, and add in remaining ingredients, including the vinaigrette. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
TO MAKE THE GREEK VINAIGRETTE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Use immediately.
Original recipe from GimmeSomeOven.com can be found here!