Our members make some delicious and healthy dinners!
Thank you to our friend, Flo, who submitted this week’s recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti or linguine
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 1 oz grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta in that order. Bring to a boil.
- Stir to submerge noodles in liquid. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done. Uncover and stir in salt.
- Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve!