- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups bite-sized fresh asparagus pieces (about 12 stalks total, with ends chopped and discarded)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions (try whole wheat).
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter, onion and garlic, and cook until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Add peas to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan with vegetable mixture. Add feta, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the pan. Toss until well combined.
- Portion into a 1 1/2 cup serving size, and serve. For extra protein or to increase calories, try adding grilled chicken to the mix.
SERVES: 4 | SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 CUPS
Per serving: Calories: 359; Fat: 9g; Sodium: 251mg; Carbohydrate: 59g; Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 13g
Original recipe from Hello Healthy: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com