PREP TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS
CALORIES PER SERVING: 385
CARBOHYDRATES: 33 G
FATS: 15 G
PROTEIN: 32 G
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup barley
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into thirds crosswise and white ends halved
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears corn) or frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook barley according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place scallions and corn on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl, combine barley, roasted vegetables, tomatoes, parsley, cooked chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon lime juice; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss spinach with 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve spinach with chicken-barley mixture.
Recipe adapted from marthastewart.com