THIS DISH IS ANTIOXIDANT RICH, FULL OF HEART HEALTHY FATS, CLEAN, AND HIGH IN FIBER WHICH KEEPS YOU FULL AND SATISFIED. THIS SERVES FOUR AS A MAIN DISH, BUT IF YOU PREFER TO SERVE AS A SIDE DISH, THEN IT WOULD EASILY SERVE 8.
Size: little over 1 cup
Fat: 11.5 g
Carbs: 47 g
Fiber: 15.5 g
Protein: 14 g
Sugar: 0.4 g
Sodium: 481.6 mg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Original recipe from Skinnytaste.com