- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-2/3 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup canned organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil, in a liquid state
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl with a fork and let it sit for a few minutes until a gel like consistency forms.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt). Combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, oil, apple sauce and flax egg) in a medium-sized mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry and stir well.
- Place batter into the mini muffin pan by the spoonful and place on the center rack of oven. The batter should be enough to make 32 mini muffins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a mini comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
Serves: 32 | Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
Per serving: Calories: 51; Total Fat: 1g; Total Carbohydrates: 12g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 1g
Original recipe adapted from myfitnesspal.com