10 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork, 2 tortillas, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon salsa, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1 lime wedge)
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce, drained and chopped
- 20 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 lime wedges
1. Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
2. Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
3. Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well.
4. Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 334; Fat 12.6 g; Protein 29.4 g; Carbohydrate 27.1 g; Fiber 3 g; Sodium 424 mg; Calcium 81 mg
Original recipe from myrecipes.com