- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each), each 1? thick
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- In a large, heavy nonstick skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of the oil over very low heat, until the garlic’s aroma is apparent, 30 to 60 seconds, stirring. Immediately add the vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and half of the pepper. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Season the fish with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and the remaining pepper. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fish and cook until browned on the first side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the fish is just opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve topped with the garlic sauce and parsley or basil.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 6-ounce tuna steak
Per serving: Calories: 220
Total Fat: 6g; Total Carbohydrate: 1g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 41g
Original recipe from myfitnesspal.com