SERVES 4 (SERVING SIZE: 1 CHICKEN BREAST AND 1/2 CUP SALSA)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3 peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large purple scallions or spring onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Place first 3 ingredients in a small skillet over medium heat; toast, shaking the pan occasionally, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat; coarsely grind spices using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- Combine 2 teaspoons spice mixture, lime rind, 2 tablespoons juice, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°, turning once. Transfer chicken to a plate; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice each chicken breast across the grain.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add peaches; grill 3 minutes, turning once to mark the cut sides. Transfer peaches to a cutting board; coarsely chop. Transfer peaches and their juices to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 teaspoon spice mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 teaspoons honey, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cilantro, olive oil, and scallions. Serve chicken with salsa and lime wedges, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 299
Fat 8.1 g; Protein 36 g; Carbohydrate 22 g; Fiber 3 g
Original recipe from CookingLight.com