- olive oil spray
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 5 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 7 oz finely diced lean ham steak
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes, seeded
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 7 large whole eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil.
- Place 1 cup of cheese into the baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add scallions, mushrooms and red pepper and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 2 – 3 minutes. Add the ham and broccoli and remove from heat. Spread evenly over the cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper and whisk well. Slowly pour over the vegetables in the baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 32 to 35 minutes. Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
Servings: 12 • Size: 1 square
Calories: 152 • Fat: 8 g • Carbs: 5 g • Fiber:1 g • Protein: 14 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 385 mg • Cholesterol: 102 mg
Original recipe from Skinnytaste.com