Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 oz) cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ? cup fresh cilantro
- Rub the chicken thighs with cumin, sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook about 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Pour undrained cans of tomatoes into slow cooker. Stir in onion. Place browned chicken on top and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours. Add in the beans and cook for an additional hour.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Original recipe can be found here!