Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 ears of corn kernels or 3 cups frozen defrosted
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomato (or grape tomatoes halved)
- 3-4 scallions chopped, white and light green parts
- 1 avocado, diced (wait until ready to eat, ¼ avocado per serving)
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- If using fresh corn, bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook corn 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Cut corn kernels and put in a large bowl. If using frozen corn, defrost and drain any water.
- Add black beans, tomato, scallions, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Stir to combine and can be served room temperature or chilled.
- Add avocado prior to serving to prevent browning. Enjoy!
Nutrition per Serving
- Calories: 285
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber 13g