TOTAL TIME: 4 hours 15 minutes
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 hours
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vegetable broth, fat free
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place the onions in a microwave safe dish and microwave 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker except the spinach.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add in the spinach leaves and stir.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes on high.
- Add the ingredients together except the spinach and cook on medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Stir every 10 minutes or so, adding additional broth if you find the liquids reducing by too much.
- (You can also sweat the garlic and onions first, but if doing so add a teaspoon of olive oil.)
- Add the spinach the last 2 minutes, until wilted.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 165 calories, Total Fat: 2.2g, Sodium: 751mg, Carbohydrates: 32.3g, Fiber: 6.2g, Sugar: 5.4g, Protein: 6.3g
Our favorite recipes come from Skinny Taste! Find the original recipe here!