Three different apple varieties and pecans pump up the antioxidants in this tasty salad. Apples and celery are some of the best sources of fiber. Substitute canned tuna for a variation on this healthy recipe.
Prep: 25 minutes (plus 30 minutes for chilling)
Cook: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3/4 cup diced Gala apple (about 1/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup diced Red Delicious apple (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place chicken in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and coarsely chop chicken.
- Combine chicken, apples, celery, and pecans in bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover; chill at least 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information: Calories 246, Fat 12g, Protein 24g, Carbohydrates 13g
Original recipe from health.com can be found here!