TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups quick gluten free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.
- Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times. Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22-24 minutes. Enjoy!!
Makes: 12 servings, Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 148 calories, Total Fat: 2.5g, Sodium: 168.5mg, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 3g
Original recipe comes from Skinny Taste and can be found here!