This low-fat broccoli salad is a healthy alternative to the traditional recipe. It’s great for an every-day meal or can easily be doubled for a crowd. Serve it up for the family at your Labor Day BBQ!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 head broccoli bottom trimmed to about 3?, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise (or store-bought vegan)
- 2-3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp date syrup (or pure maple syrup)
Put all the ingredients except the dressing into a large bowl.
Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, tasting for you’re preferences (less sugar or more depending).
Pour over broccoli mixture and stir to coat.
Total Fat 10.8g
Total Carbohydrates 25g
Dietary Fiber 4.2g
*using a homemade tofu mayonnaise
Original recipe from Plant Based Cooking can be found here!