TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, wheat or gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes (2 medium), peeled and finely diced
- 1 (12-ounce) wedge cauliflower (1/4 of a large head), stem attached
- 1 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the meat and transfer it to a small bowl.
- In the same pot, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to cook the flour. Return the turkey to the pot and add the chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower and stir.
- Transfer the cauliflower and 1 cup of the liquid to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the puree into the soup and stir well. Add the cheddar and stir until melted. Serve topped with the scallions.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups
Freestyle Points: 7, Calories: 254 calories, Total Fat: 11.5g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 20g
Original recipe from Skinny Taste can be found here!!