- 1/2 cup French green lentils
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large (6 ounce) stone peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- In a small saucepan, combine the lentils with 3 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils are just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain.
- While the lentils are cooking, preheat a grill over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oil, shallots, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat, set the remaining dressing aside.
- Place the chicken and peach halves, cut side down, on the grill. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Cook the peaches until charred on the cut side and softened slightly, 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices and the peaches into bite-size pieces.
- Divide the warm lentils among 4 plates. Arrange the chicken and peaches over the top. Sprinkle with the herbs and drizzle each salad with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing. Serve warm.
Serving Size: 1/4 of the lentils, 1 chicken breast, 1/2 peach, 1/4 cup herbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing
Per serving: Calories: 258; Fat: 10g; Carbs: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 8g; Sugar: 14g; Protein: 19g
Original recipe from My Fitness Pal can be found here!