Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 lb spicy chicken sausage, casing removed and thickly sliced
- 2 medium sized golden beets, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large bunch green kale, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the thinly sliced leeks. Saute for five minutes then add sausage.
- Brown sausage, then add carrots, beets and celery. Toss to combine and continue cooking for another six minutes. Add kale and beans and cook until kale just starts to wilt.
- Add chicken broth, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm, crusty sourdough bread on the side
Original recipe from EatLiveRun.com can be found here!