Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs I prefer thighs
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3tbsp fresh minced cilantro or parsley I prefer cilantro
- 2tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/4tsp turmeric
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
You will also need: Wooden skewers
- Cut the chicken into 1 ½ inch strips for skewering. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro or parsley, crushed garlic, paprika, salt, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Place the chicken pieces in a glass dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the chicken is marinating.
- Generously grease the grill and heat over medium. Skewer the chicken, evenly divided between 6-8 skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning once during cooking, until cooked through. Serve hot.
Per Serving: Calories: 258
Fat: 13g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 32g
Original recipe can be found here!