- 2 bunches asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
- Zest (in long strips) and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 ounce shaved Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan, toss the asparagus with the oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, tossing occasionally, until browned.
Drizzle lemon juice to taste over asparagus, then transfer to a serving dish, discarding lemon zest and garlic. Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per serving: 57 calories, 4g fat, 6g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 3g protein
Check out the original recipe from Fitness Magazine here!