For the salad:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup small diced organic honey crisp apples
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted pecans*
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (or sub cilantro)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
For the wraps:
- 3 large spinach tortillas*
- 3-4 cups organic spinach
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to a large bowl and use a masher or fork to mash most of the chickpeas. Add in diced apples, chopped pecans, tart cherries, celery, parsley and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing: Add tahini, honey, dijon, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and warm water. Mix to combine until a creamy dressing forms. Add more water if necessary. I found that somewhere between 2-3 tablespoons was perfect.
- Add dressing to the chickpea salad. Stir to combine and coat all the ingredients with dressing. Taste and adjust as necessary. You may want to add more salt and/or pepper.
- Lay out spinach wraps and add about 1 cup of spinach, top with ¼ cup shredded carrots. Top with ? of the chickpea salad mixture. Tightly roll up the wrap, tucking in the ends as you go. Secure tightly with a toothpick if necessary. Makes 3 large wraps! You can also eat the salad as is or put in lettuce wraps or Swiss chard. Salad will stay good for 5 days in the fridge.
*If you use smaller 8-inch tortillas, you’ll likely get 4 servings out of this recipe.
NUTRITION (for 1/3 of recipe without the spinach wrap)
Serving Size: 1
418 Calories, 20.0g Fat, 52.3g Carb, 17.2g Sugar, 12.2g Protein
Original recipe from Ambitious Kitchen can be found here!