Big thanks to Peak Performance Fitness member, Anne F., for sharing her recipe!
A great way to enjoy the taste of a Chinese restaurant in your own home- these copy cat lettuce wraps are just like the real thing!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion, minced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger (I use less; the flavor can overpower)
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 2 sliced scallions
- ¼ red pepper finely chopped
- 1 head of lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. At the last moment, stir in the red pepper.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a soft lettuce leaf, (like Boston lettuce) taco-style.