Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 just-ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the scallions until just softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, season with the salt and black pepper and let cool. Stir in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; add the turkey and mix gently until just combined. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Mist grill with cooking spray and cook burgers 5 minutes. Turn and grill until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Top each burger with some of the blue cheese; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until burgers are just cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Arrange burgers on buns and top with sliced tomato, avocado, and red onion.
Nutrition facts per serving: 370 calories, 35g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 13g fat, 5g fiber
Original recipe can be found here