All you need is one sheet pan lined with tin foil! Pop it in the oven to get nice and hot so when the sliced peppers, onions, and chicken are placed on it, they start to sizzle. The preheated pan speed up the cooking time, which means dinner is ready to go in only 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 3 bell peppers (any combination of colors), cut into strips
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with tin foil and place it in the oven while you prep the vegetables and chicken.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet until they are of even thickness. Coat the chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix the spices together in a small bowl and then sprinkle over the chicken in an even layer (both sides). Slice the chicken into long strips, about 1 – 1/2 inches wide.
- Toss the bell pepper slices and onions with the other tablespoon of olive oil. Remove the hot sheet pan from the oven and spread the peppers and onions in an even layer. Place the chicken strips among the vegetables. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with warm tortillas, fresh guacamole, or salsa on top and enjoy!
- Optional: Try swapping the tortillas for quinoa, brown rice, or mixed greens for a deconstructed fajita!
Original recipe from Amanda’s Cookin’ can be found here!