Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 3 hours
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, 3-4 hours.
1 stuffed pepper: 317 calories
10g fat, 565mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 6g sugars, 8g fiber, 15g protein
Original recipe can be found here!