Peak Performance’s members are really just of chefs who know how to cook & eat healthy.
Thank you to Donna P. for sharing her recipe!
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 small onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 ripe tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut eggplant into small chunks. Mince garlic. Finely chop onions.
- Coat sauté pan with Extra virgin Olive oil. Sauté eggplant and onion about 5 minutes on medium/medium low heat until starting to soften. Stir occasionally.
- While eggplant and onions are cooking finely chop bell peppers and cut zucchini into small chunks.
- Add peppers, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasoning to the pan. Stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes
- Chop tomatoes and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a shake of red pepper flakes. (Of course this is optional).
- Simmer on low until vegetables are tender. About 20 minutes. If there is too much liquid cook uncovered for last 5 minutes.
- Finely chop basil and stir into the vegetables. Adjust seasoning if needed.