Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms caps, wiped cleaned
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 large slices whole-grain bread, each cut in half
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips, drained
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish or pie plate. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Brush the mushrooms with the vinegar mixture; let stand for up to 15 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill rack and grill until tender, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, rosemary and zest and juice of the lime in a small bowl until blended. Brush the bread slices with the yogurt mixture. Layer half the slices with the mushrooms, arugula, tomatoes, onions and red pepper strips. Top with the remaining bread slices. Serve immediately.