Yield: 8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes; cover and keep warm.
- Place vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, salt and paprika in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Toss with asparagus mixture. Top with almonds and, if desired, cheese.
- Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Per Serving: 154 calories
11g fat, 159mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Original recipe from Taste of Home can be found here!