- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Sliced green onions, optional
2. Remove roast from slow cooker. Cool slightly; shred roast with two forks.
3. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices and vegetables to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into juices; cook until sauce is thickened, 3-4 minutes. Return beef, sauce and vegetables to slow cooker; cook until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
4. Serve beef in lettuce leaves. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
3 lettuce cups: 271 calories