Looking for a wholesome breakfast that will fill you up? Try these baked oats! Perfect to feed a crowd or make breakfast ahead of time.
Serving Size: 1 oatmeal piece and 2/3 cup berries
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups sweet apple, grated and unpeeled (such as Honeycrisp)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in almond milk, grated apple, syrup and vanilla. Pour mixture into an 11-by-7-inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Bake until set, about 35 minutes. Let stand 5–10 minutes before cutting into six pieces.
- Combine strawberries, raspberries and blackberries in a bowl. Serve berry mixture over oatmeal.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat: 11g; Carbohydrate: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 12g; Protein 7g
Original recipe from MyFitnessPal can be found here!