A quick dinner that is not only sweet but savory! Perfect for a night where you are short on time.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 8 ounces 100% Pineapple Juice (not from concentrate!)
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple, cubed (may use tidbits)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Chile Pepper
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions, replacing half of water with pineapple juice.
- Coat skillet with grape seed oil. Add pineapple and pepper. Sauté until the pineapple and pepper soften. Add green onion, salt and red chile pepper. Sauté for an additional two minutes.
- Combine pineapple mixture with quinoa and serve.
Calories 264, Carbohydrates 45g, Fat 6g, Protein 7g