PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 (tacos)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 whole carrots, chopped
- 5 baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 whole delicata squash (or summer squash), sliced into rings and halved (seeds removed)
- 2 Tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 small serrano peppers, seeds / stems removed
- 1 cup packed cilantro, thick bottom stems cut off
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp ripe avocado
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Water to thin (plus more as needed)
- ~10 yellow or white corn
- optional: Toasted or raw pumpkin seeds
- optional: Fresh chopped cilantro
- optional: Fresh chopped radish
- optional: Limes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and arrange veggies on a baking sheet (1 or 2 depending on size). Drizzle with oil and season with spices and maple syrup. Toss to combine. Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn temperature up to 450 F to brown for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare magic green sauce by placing garlic and chiles in a food processor along with cilantro, parsley, avocado, salt, lime, oil (optional), and maple syrup. Process until nearly smooth. Then add water to help further combine until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more pepper for heat, salt for saltiness, maple syrup for sweetness, herbs for earthy flavor, or avocado for creaminess. Scrape into a storage container and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, warm tortillas in a damp towel in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the still-warm oven for a few minutes. Then fill with roasted vegetables and any desired garnishes (radish, pepitas, cilantro, lime juice). Top with a drizzle of magic green sauce and enjoy.
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers separately in the refrigerator for a few days.
Serving: 1 taco Calories: 106 Carbohydrates: 20.9 g Protein: 2.8 g Fat: 1.7 g Fiber: 3.6 g Sugar: 4.5 g
Original recipe from Minimalist Baker can be found here!