Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 70 min.
Makes: 6 servings (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced red onion, optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Stir in cumin; cook 5 minutes. Add turkey; cook until no longer pink.
- Add broth, beans, jalapeno, marjoram and savory. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook 15 minutes more. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into chili. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes. If desired, serve with cheese and sliced red onion.
1 cup: 288 calories
Per serving: 12g fat, 635mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g sugars, 29g protein.
Find the original recipe here!