Prep: 35 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1/4 head red cabbage, cut into thin slices
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a 12-ounce jar), coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into rounds
- 2 cups upland cress or watercress, tough stems removed
Step 1- Tahini Sauce:
Combine tahini, lemon juice, and 2 to 3 tablespoons water (enough to create consistency of honey) until smooth; season with salt. Finely grate garlic; stir into sauce. Adjust seasoning as desired. Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Step 2- Salad:
In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, both beans, parsley, onion, celery, lemon juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bean salad can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Step 3- Serving
For each serving, place 3/4 cup cooked rice and 3/4 cup bean salad in a bowl; add some cabbage, avocados, roasted pepper, cucumber, and cress. Squeeze a lemon wedge over top and drizzle with tahini sauce.
Original recipe from Martha Stewart can be found here!