- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas; bringing to a boil. Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1½ cups
Calories: 253 • Fat: 6.5 g • Carbs: 20.6 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 28 g • Sugars: 3.5 g
Original recipe can be found here!