Halloween is fast approaching! This weekend there will be parties followed by buckets of candy. Don’t let this sweet holiday throw you off your goals.
Try these simple tricks to have a Healthy Halloween!
- Eat before trick-or-treating! Be sure to have a healthy meal or snack to hold you over. Don’t get caught munching on candy in between houses.
- Go trick-or-treating with your children or grandchildren. This is the perfect opportunity to get your physical activity in! Set a goal for yourself while walking door to door.
- Get moving. Get some exercise by making this Halloween a fun family physical activity event. Set a goal of how many houses or streets you’ll visit, or compete among each other to do as many as you can. Bring a bottle of water and wear comfortable shoes for walking!
- Be the house that hands out something different! Opt for the snack-sized packages of pretzels, popcorn, dried fruit, or trail mix.
- For our party animals, steer clear of sugary punch drinks and treats at parties. Look to make better choices, avoid mindless eating, and exercise portion control at your Halloween get-together.
- Wait to buy your candy until Halloween or the day before. This way you avoid temptation to pick at it beforehand. Another trick- don’t buy your favorite candy!
- Donate your leftover candy! Did you know Peak is holding a candy drive? We are accepting donations and sending them to our troops deployed overseas.