TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded (6 oz)
- 1 large 8 oz zucchini, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, shredded
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and shredded (16 oz)
- 1/4 cup matzo meal, or all-purpose flour (wheat or GF)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- cooking spray
- Using a box grater, grate all the veggies, saving the potatoes for last to prevent browning.
- Squeeze out all the excess liquid well with a cheese cloth or towels.
- Stir in matzo meal or flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Spray waffle iron and heat on medium-low heat.
- Place scant 2/3 cup in the center of the waffle iron and close, cook 5 minutes, until browned and crisp on the edges and cooked through in the center.
- Set aside and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Makes: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 latkes
Per Serving: Calories 205, Fat 4g, Sodium 575.5mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Fiber 6g, Sugar 6g, Protein 9g
For more prep tips, check out the original recipe on SkinnyTaste.com!