TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour (see notes below for GF)*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites (or two large eggs)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cups ) 0% Greek yogurt
- 9 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and spray with oil.
- Mix flour and baking soda with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix and cream the butter and sugar on medium setting for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla with a whisk, add to bowl with butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix in the yogurt, then flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined, 1 minute.
- With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and spoon to lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled (I used an ice cream scoop).
- Bake at 375° for until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool before eating.
Yield: 12 servings, Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 187 calories
- Total Fat: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 6g
This delicious recipe originally comes from SkinnyTaste.com! Find the full recipe here!