Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Start to Finish: 35 mins
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced zucchini, (1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh mint
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, (2 ounces
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, but not mushy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mint, basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until the moisture has evaporated, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Whisk eggs, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper in a large bowl until blended. Add the zucchini mixture and cheese; stir to combine.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Wipe out the pan and brush it with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; place over medium-low heat. Add the frittata mixture and cook, without stirring, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 4 minutes. As it cooks, lift the edges and tilt the pan so uncooked egg will flow to the edges.
- Place the pan under the broiler and broil until the frittata is set and the top is golden, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Loosen the edges and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Per Serving: 376 calories, 28g fat, 10g carbohydrates, 21g protein
Original recipe can be found here!