WHY IS PEAK PERFORMANCE TEAMING UP WITH THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND? TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE THE GERSBECK FAMILY!
In less than a week, the Gersbeck family had their lives turned upside down as one-year-old Hayden battled for his life. Just two days prior to his diagnosis of a rare form of cancer called AML (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia), Kathleen Gersbeck, a single mother and cancer survivor herself, was able to check in to The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island and begin the fight against a horrific disease.
The story of one-year old Hayden Gersbeck is just one of many family stories happening every day at The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island. while situations vary, the realization is an unexpected illness or accident can happen to any family.
“We absolutely love this House and we would not have been able to get through our ordeal without RMH-LI being there for us,” said Kathleen. “I built amazing personal relationships with other families experiencing similar difficulties which made our situation much easier.”
Recently, after Hayden’s fifth round of chemotherapy, doctors declared that his cancer was in remission and that the strong-willed Hayden had beaten cancer. Because of RMH-LI, Hayden was able to celebrate his first birthday with Mom and Grandpa right by his side.
Click here for more stories about the families of the Ronald McDonald House Long Island.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Come into Peak Performance starting this FRIDAY August 21st from 10am-6pm!
- Have one of the Exercise Physiologists measure your waist circumference.
- Come back in 4 weeks to have your waist re-measured- it’s that simple.
- For every centimeter lost, Peak will donate $2 to Ronald McDonald House Long Island.
- Anyone is welcome to participate… and it’s free!
- Stay up to date with our event! Like us on Facebook (Peak Performance Fitness Center) for the latest information.