The entire batch contains just 79 calories and offers 4.1 grams of filling fiber — regular potato chips have 160 calories and only one gram of fiber.
Yields: 1 serving
Cook Time: 1 hour
Calories per serving: 79
- 2 large carrots (or 3 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Using a mandolin slicer or a knife, tilt the carrot, and thinly slice diagonally to make oval-shaped pieces — if they’re too thick, they’ll be soft instead of crunchy.
- Place the carrot slices in a bowl, and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Lay the carrots in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the carrots are dry and crisp. Watch them carefully toward the end, as they can burn quickly
Find the original recipe from Healthy Recipe Blogs here!