- 16 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 green onion finely sliced
- 1 can 14 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach, plus extra for the top
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- cheese (ex, fresh parmesan and goat cheese)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and give it a quick stir. Add the ground turkey and use a large spoon to break up the turkey.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and stir to combine everything. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until there’s no liquid in the pan and the meat is cooked through and browned.
- Add the spinach to the meat mixture and stir for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach just starts to wilt.
- Transfer the meat to a 9×13-inch casserole dish and evenly cover the bottom. Top with the artichoke hearts and beaten eggs. Optional: you can add some cheese at this stage.
- Sprinkle the green onion and a handful of spinach on top.
- Cook the casserole in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Before serving, garnish with parmesan cheese (optional) and an extra sprinkle of pepper.
Calories: 184.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.2g | Protein: 13.9g | Fat: 11.7g
Find the original recipe from Down Shiftology here!