Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 oz precooked chorizo or andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 small zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced crosswise into pieces
- 12 oz cauliflower rice fresh or frozen
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cilantro for garnish
- Slice the sausage into coins and heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and once heated, add the sausage in a single layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, then use a slotted spoon to remove to a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add the zucchini and cook another minute and season all over with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and cook 1-3 minutes or until cooked to preference. Do not overcook to avoid mushy “rice”.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika, then add the sausage back in and stir. Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro and serve!
Original recipe from Paleo Running Momma can be found here!