These Strawberry Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes are made in the blender with creamy Greek yogurt, sweet strawberries and savory oats with chunks of dark chocolate nestled in the batter. Top with fresh berries for a perfectly sweet and healthy breakfast!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
YIELDS: 9 pancakes
CALORIES: 75 cal
- 1 cup Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain nonfat
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 tbsp almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup strawberries frozen & thawed
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. To a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and process until batter is smooth. It should be slightly runny.
- To the skillet, add 1/4 cup of batter at a time to form a pancake. Cook 3-4 minutes until pancake begins to bubble then flip with a spatula and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Place pancakes on a cooling rack as you cook remainder of the batter. Serve and top with more fresh berries and dark chocolate.
- Keep pancakes in an air tight container for up to a week.
NOTES: It’s imperative that you measure properly when grain free baking.
NUTRITION: (1 PANCAKE)
CALORIES: 75 cal FAT: 1g, CARBOHYDRATES: 11g, SUGAR: 3g, PROTEIN
You can find the original recipe from Food 52 here!