PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
For the veggies:
- 1 baby eggplant, sliced and quartered (or sub 1 zucchini)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 package grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
For the cashew pesto:
- 1/3 cup roasted or raw cashews OR 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 cup basil leaves (from 1 oz package)
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin pesto
For the pasta:
- 2 ½ cups (8 ounce) cellentani pasta (or pasta of choice — can use whole wheat or gluten free)
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the veggies between two trays, then drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of oil and a sprinkle garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss together to coat the veggies, then spread out evenly on each pan. Roast for 15 minutes, then stir the veggies and rotate the pans and bake for 15-20 minutes more until veggies are tender.
- While the veggies are roasting, you can make the pesto: add the following to the bowl of a food processor or blender: cashews, basil avocado/olive oil, salt and water to thin. Process until thick, but smooth. Set aside.
- Next, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package until it’s al dente. Drain, then add back to the pot.
- Fold in the pesto, roasted veggies and half of the goat cheese. Divide into bowls or meal prep containers, garnish with remaining goat cheese and extra basil leaves, if desired. Serves 4 as a meal and 6 as a side.
Calories: 498kcal/ per serving
Fat: 21.8g, Carbohydrates: 65.4g, Fiber: 7.8g, Sugar: 11.4g, Protein: 13.4g
Original recipe from Ambitious Kitchen can be found here!