Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 7 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 24 oz mild salsa verde
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add everything to a large slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once done cooking, remove chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board; shred chicken with two forks then transfer chicken back to slow cooker and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado, and Greek yogurt.
Original recipe from Ambitious Kitchen can be found here!