- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can no-salt chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a small pot, place 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, return to a boil, then cover tightly and reduce heat to low for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, place the broccoli florets in the food processor and pulse to mince to the size of rice. (Chop by hand if you do not have a food processor.)
- When the quinoa is done, quickly stir in the broccoli and let stand for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool. When it’s reached room temperature, add the parsley, chickpeas, cucumber, tomato and green onion; toss to mix.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon over the bowl and toss to coat. Serve or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 195; Total Fat: 5g; Protein: 9g
Original recipe from My Fitness Pal can be found here!